Scany ~ network and port scanner, traceroute, ping, whois, wake on lan
Developer: Pavel Ahafonau
✿ Release Date: Sep 01, 2009
✿ Version: 1.9.13
✿ Size: 6.79 MB
This iOS application is compatible with iPhone 3GS/4.
Pavel Ahafonau has already given us Net Status - remote server monitor on Jul 28, now delivering another great Utilities application and iphone app on the store. The review includes the developer's description, customer ratings, user reviews and screenshots for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
if you like this mobile application, please share It with others (click on the social media icon links).
Scany finds all computers and devices connected to a LAN or Wi-Fi, even the hidden and firewalled ones, shows their names, addresses and manufacturers, and includes a wide set of network analysis tools, specially crafted to transcend existing analogs, including ping, trace, WHOIS, DNS lookup, port scanner and many more.
Built from the ground up for mobile by an experienced network administrator, Scany outmatches other apps in many respects.
WI-FI LAN & INTERNET SCANNER
· Wi-Fi/LAN and custom/Internet network ranges scanning
· detection of all network devices + hidden
· IP/MAC addresses, vendor names, IP countries info and more
· Bonjour, mDNS, Mac OS X and iOS network names
· NetBIOS, Samba, LLNMR and Windows PC network names
· UPnP and SSDP/DLNA device network names
· Unicode and international network names support
· device models detection (on OS X and iOS)
· shared printers detection (on OS X)
· "online", "firewalled" and other host states detection
· superfast smart algorithms optimized for huge networks
INSTANT LAN/WI-FI BROWSER/LOOKUP
· instant detection of all network names on LAN/Wi-Fi
· no need for a full deep network scan for a quick LAN overview
· instant IP lookup by a LAN hostname (or vice versa)
· type in (non-DNS) LAN hostname in almost all built-in tools
· works with all supported Mac, PC and device names
PING & TRACEROUTE
· real-time network path traceroute monitor and ping
· network path bottlenecks and packet loss visualization
· IPs, hostnames and info for each hop
· reverse hostnames, AS numbers and countries info
· multi-node and multi-path hops detection
· superfast detection of predefined and custom ports
· open, filtered/firewalled and closed TCP/UDP ports detection
· detection of extra services/ports with protocol level probes
DEEP WHOIS LOOKUP AND TRACE
· WHOIS of any IP, domain or AS number
· IPv4 and IPv6 WHOIS support
· all top level domains (TLD) support
· support for all internationalized domain names (IDN)
· support for WHOIS trace across a chain of WHOIS servers
· custom servers usage (type "-h host" in query)
· custom ports usage (type "-p port" in query)
DNS DIG, LOOKUP AND TRACE
· support for A, AAAA, ANY, CNAME, PTR, NS, MX, SOA, SRV records
· support for "-t type" option or just add record type into query
· support for "+trace" and "+all" options typed in query/hostname field
· support for custom DNS server and port via "-h host" and "-p port" options
· support for DNS queries to local multicast IP addresses (automatically)
WAKE ON LAN, WI-FI OR OVER INTERNET
· wake on LAN/Wi-Fi or cellular/Internet
· detection of router external IP for pre-saved/pre-scanned hosts
· Wi-Fi IP address and network mask info, SSID, BSSID
· cellular and VPN IP addresses and network masks
· external router IP address detection
· default gateway/router IP address detection
· DNS servers detection
EXTENSIVE EXPORT, IMPORT AND HISTORY
· copy and email all data and history
· export and import separate hosts, entire or all groups
· export separate lists of Bonjour, PC, UPnP/SSDP or a list of all hostnames
· export a list of free IP addresses
· export a list of busy IP addresses
· export text and .SCANY files via email as attachments
· open .SCANY files from email in Scany or Net Status
· export as text, .TXT and/or .CSV files via email
· choose data fields to export
· regular updates and careful support
· universal binary for all devices
Get now this application with your unique ID and secured password.
How to download the AppDownload Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lan app for for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and iPad mini.
Download Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lan on PC or Mac:
1. Go to the Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lan application page in your iTunes.
2. Click the button to download the App.
3. Sync your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad or iPad mini with iTunes to install the Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lan app.
Download the App With iOS App Store:
1. Open the App Store on your iDevice.
2. Search for Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lan.
3. Click the button to download and install it on your device.
You can securely create an apple profile with your information, but you have to be registered to iTunes in order to get the Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lan app to your device.
If you don’t have an active account, please register to iTunes store with a credit card number. In case you are not interested to open an account with your credit card, you can select the option ‘None’ during the secured registration.
*This Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lan application may be available in some countries.
Video Play Review
Great for identifying and checking items on your home network.
For what it does it's perfect.
This can also be used to ping an IP and boot someone off xbox live with the help of Cain and able. :D I love this app
As someone who doesn't setup many servers, this app is amazing. I can quickly port scan my server to find any ports I forgot to
close. It should be in everyone's bag of tools.
as a network engineer, I love this app!
It's fun to use well made great info
Very useful for network security.
Nicely designed and totally functional.
There was a lot of thought and detail that went into this app, but there is much more left to go. While it has a lot of bells and
whistles, the overall operation of the app is a bit lagy (and sometime
(5★) Nice tool - quite useful!
Especially like that it's been updated for iPad use - lots more room on the screen to view info.
This app is awesome, but it's missing one very important feature, landscape mode. Please add this. Thanks!
(5★) Powerful network utility, but not the most intuiti
Powerful scanning tool works very well. Only negative is that the functions aren't terribly intuitive for the casual user.
I love this app. It really has every quick and necessary network utility in a clean and tidy package. There are only two things
it needs:Native iPad supportiCloud sync across devicesAdd those two th
Occasionally I have to think and hunt for a particular function (where is WHOIS again?) but after a little concentrated work, I
think I have its philosophy.
What a fantastic app. Well done.
This app is far too sophisticated for me
It’s very handy app to have on your iPhone. Nice job!
(5★) Very fast network scanner
Does what it claims it does and does it very fast has a handful of built-in tools
(5★) The IT-Pro Delight
Works well and gets all the job done. The UI is simple but the broad functionality makes worth it. UPD: After iOS 7 release I know
see the dev has foreseen where it all moves by making the flat UI age
(5★) No complaints, it does what it says.
.and has responsive tech support!
Tons of information, very useful
(5★) Network Scanner
Great for network troubleshooting. Love the update and new icons! Hope the author keeps on improving it!
Great update guy long time coming, thank you :)
Whenever Scany finishes scanning a network, it crashes. I use this app everyday in place of pulling out a laptop to locate
devices. Can you upload te previous version until the bugs are worked out?i
Not everyone is this tech savvy. I need simpler instructions!
App works a few times then crashes until I delete it and reload it.
Works great. Use almost everyday.
Awesome app. And tool. Would recommend to any network mgr
Great app for your home network!
The most serious tool which digs the deepest of those I tried. The only gripe is the dark color scheme which is tough to see in
some situations. Also good at detecting everthing that is on the network
Shows all the information at your finger tips. Easy to configure with minimal knowledge.
Beginer computer users will have issues. Must have rudimentary knowlege of networks, but bery useful tool.
A must have app for any networking trouble shooting.
(5★) Great tool!
Have been using this to troubleshoot & configure my home network for several years. Easy to use & provides invaluable information.
Scans and shows what it found. No complaints so far.
UI is a little unintuitive, but it is great for troubleshooting your network.
My vision is poor. I would give it five stars if it check my accessibility settings and made the text larger. I also would like to
have been able to change the color to simple black and white.
Great app for scanning your home network, easy to use and easy to understand. Thanks!
A veritable Swiss Army knife for networks and Internet things
Easy to use, nicely laid out. I needed to buy glasses to use the app but it does what i need and more. Quick enough that it doesnt
trigger my anti port scanning firewall on the first pass.A blue backg
Awesome app! Developer responded quickly to my inquiry. Bravo.
Provides much more information than others I have tried.
Great home net app. Would like the ability to name devices.
Well thought and put together app that just works as advertised
(5★) Finds even more than you might need
Invaluable in helping doing my job every single day
Great, flawless app! It comes in very handy and convenient. Pro.
(5★) A must have for any network administrator
Nice retro style green UI. Reminds me back of those great days - server rooms, nets, wires, admins, green monitors and lots of
(5★) Helpful and powerful
I love this tool it’s helping me a lot.
U can find a lot of usefull information using this ap.
(5★) Great app
Amazing app! All you need to scan your network with many useful features/port selections.
Scany is probably the most useful app I have for networking on my iPhone and iPad. I have used it to discover network resources,
track down firewall issues, and work out packet loss problems with Inte
(5★) Excellent network tool!
This app works great for listing what is on your home network. You will need to keep a list of the MAC addresses for your devices
though since not all devices report a name.
Very useful app. I recommend it, a must have for any IT or Network Eng
Use all the time. Very good tool 4 keeping an on networks. Thanks
Been using this app for years, very happy to see it updated for iPhone 5.
This app is nice and convenient! Get the job done well!
But I wished it would search when I start it and auto connect
Works as advertised. Very useful around the office for tracking devices down.
Scany is exceptionally well written. Kudos.
I use Scany to boot my windows pc from my iPod touch version 4.Then I use SplashTop to remote desktop to my windows pc from my
iPod touch version 4.Works great for this purpose, have not used other fe
Does well what is said in the app description.
Total 61 reviews with ratings for this app.
14 hours ago
22 hours ago
2 days ago
3 days ago